I ran a few additional tests with the following configurations:
- Firefox 188.8.131.52, Safari 184.108.40.2062.12: OS X 10.4.10 on a Mac Book Pro 2.33GHz Core 2 Duo, 3GB RAM.
- Safari 220.127.116.112.13.1: IE 6 on XP, dual-core Opteron 175, 4GB RAM.
- IE 7: XP, VMWare Workstation 18.104.22.1687312, 1 CPU from the dual-core Opteron 175, 512MB RAM
|Library||IE 7||Firefox 2||Safari 3 (Mac)||Safari 3 (Win)||IE 6|
|Ext||183 ms||314 ms||116 ms||64 ms||461 ms|
|jQuery||362 ms||442 ms||197 ms||160 ms||861 ms|
|Dojo||427 ms||363 ms||188 ms||191 ms||780 ms|
|MooTools||838 ms (4 err)||194 ms (2 err)||158 ms (2 err)||128 ms (2 err)||1333 ms|
|Prototype||1097 ms||198 ms (2 err)||158 ms||88 ms||1674 ms|
I didn't count zero results as errors, in retrospect I probably should have.
- Not really fair, I know, but it still outperformed IE 6 [back]