VMware just announced a public beta of their OS X virtualization product, Fusion. Fusion 2.0 will be a free upgrade to all registered users.
Already it addresses a number of issues I've had including:
- Multiple monitor support
- Correctly handles plugging & unplugging display
- Option to use one or all displays in Full Screen mode
- Handles changes to resolution and display orientation automatically
- Allow USB mice/tablets in a virtual machine without custom configuration
Note: I just barely wrote about how to work around this in Fusion 1.1.2.
- Virtual machines in Bridged networking mode now know when your Mac's network connection is available or becomes unavailable, and will refresh their network address automatically
Note: This is HUGE. When I'm moving between home and my downtown office networking is always an issue.
- DirectX 9.0 with Shader Model 2 graphics